Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Patterns of Japanese policymaking: experiences from higher education, Westview Press, 1978.
- Policy and politics in Japan: creative conservatism, Temple University Press, 1982.
- Japan: the dilemmas of success, Foreign Policy Association, 1986.
- Regime shift: comparative dynamics of the Japanese political economy, Cornell University Press, 1998.
- Trading technology: Europe and Japan in the Middle East, with Thomas L. Ilgen, Praeger, 1987.
- Policymaking in contemporary Japan, Cornell University Press, 1977.
- Comparative public policy: a cross-national bibliography, compiled and edited with Douglas E. Ashford and Peter J. Katzenstein, Sage Publications, 1978.
- Uncommon democracies: the one-party dominant regimes, Cornell University Press, 1990.
- The politics of the Asian economic crisis, Cornell University Press, 1999.
- Beyond bilateralism: U.S.-Japan relations in the new Asia-Pacific, co-edited with Ellis S. Krauss, Stanford University Press, 2004.
- Remapping East Asia: the construction of a region, Cornell University Press, 2005.
- Crisis as catalyst: Asia's dynamic political economy, co-edited with Andrew MacIntyre and John Ravenhill, Cornell Un iversity Press, 2008.
- Political economy of Northeast Asian regionalism: political conflict and economic integration, co-edited with Jehoon Park and Gérard Roland, E. Elgar, 2008.