- 1985. Takings: Private Property and the Power of Eminent Domain. Harvard University Press.
- 2009 The Case Against the Employee Free Choice Act. Hoover Institution. Press Publication. Amazon
- 2007 (editor, with Michael Greve). Federal Preemption: States' Powers, National Interests. AEI Press.
- 2006. How Progressives Rewrote the Constitution. Cato Institute.
- 2006. Overdose: How Excessive Government Regulation Stifles Pharmaceutical Innovation. Yale University Press
- 2004. Cases and Materials on Torts, 8th ed. Aspen Law & Business., 7th. ed. Aspen Law & Business. 1995, 6th ed., Little, Brown & Co. 1990, 5th ed., Little, Brown & Co.
- 2003. Skepticism and Freedom: A Modern Case for Classical Liberalism. University of Chicago Press.
- 2001 (with Cass Sunstein). The Vote: Bush, Gore & the Supreme Court. University of Chicago Press.
- 2000 (editor). Liberty, Property and the Law (5 Volumes, with series introduction and volume introductions). Garlard Press.
- 1999. Torts. Aspen Law & Business.
- 1998. Principles for a Free Society: Reconciling Individual Liberty with the Common Good. Perseus.
- 1997. Mortal Peril: Our Inalienable Right to Health Care? Addison-Wesley.
- 1995. Simple Rules for a Complex World. Harvard University Press.
- 1993. Bargaining with the State. Princeton University Press.
- 1993. Torts Supplement for Epstein, Cases and Materials on Torts. Little, Brown Inc.
- 1992. Forbidden Grounds: The Case Against Employment Discrimination Laws. Harvard University Press.
- 1992 (edited with Geoffrey R. Stone & Cass R. Sunstein). The Bill of Rights in the Modern State. University of Chicago Press.
- 1987. Supplement to Cases and Materials on Torts. Little, Brown & Co.
- 1985 (edited with Jeffrey Paul). Labor Law and the Employment Market. New Brunswick: Transaction Press.
- 1984 (with C. Gregory and H. Kalven). Cases and Materials on the Law of Tort, 4th ed. Little, Brown.
- 1981. Supplement to Cases and Materials on the Law of Tort. Little, Brown.
- 1980. Modern Products Liability Law. Quorum Books of the Greenwood Press.
- Richard Epstein's Home Page at NYU Law
- Richard Epstein's Home Page at University of Chicago
- "Taking Exception", interview in Reason by Steve Chapman
- EconTalk podcast on:The Rule of Law
- EconTalk podcast on:Happiness, Inequaltiy, and Envy
- EconTalk podcast on:Property Rights, Zoning, and Kelo
- EconTalk podcast on:Property Rights and Drug Patents
- EconTalk podcast on:Legistlators vs. Wal-Mart
- EconTalk podcast on:The Economics of Organ Donation
- Interview with Richard Epstein, Hoover Institution's Uncommon Knowledge with Peter Robinson, October 29, 2006
- Forbes Magazine "The Libertarian" online column