Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ethical and Political Theory, (General Learning, 1976).
- Language and Political Understanding: the Politics of Discursive Practices, (Yale University Press, 1981).
- The Politics of Representation: Writing Practices in Biography, Photography, and Policy Analysis, (University of Wisconsin Press, 1988).
- Reading the Postmodern Polity: Political Theory as Textual Practice, (University of Minnesota Press, 1992).
- Reading "Adam Smith": Desire, History and Value, (Sage, 1993).
- Violent Cartographies: Mapping Cultures of War, (University of Minnesota Press, 1997).
- Cinematic Political Thought: Narrating Race, Nation and Gender, (New York University Press, 1999).
- For Moral Ambiguity: National Culture and the Politics of the Family, (University of Minnesota Press, 2001).
- Deforming American Political Thought: Ethnicity, Facticity, and Genre, (University Press of Kentucky, 2006).
- Cinematic Geopolitics, (Routledge, 2008).
- Representatives and Roll Calls: A Computer Simulation of Voting in the Eighty-eighth Congress, with Cleo H. Cherryholmes, (Bobbs-Merrill, 1969).
- Language and Politics, (Blackwell, 1984).
- Thought and Action in Foreign Policy: Proceedings of the London Conference on Cognitive Process Models of Foreign Policy, March 1973, co-edited with G. Matthew Bonham, (Birkhauser, 1977).
- International/Intertextual Relations: Postmodern Readings of World Politics, co-edited with James Der Derian, (Lexington Books, 1989).
- The Politics of Language Purism, co-edited with Bjorn H. Jernudd, (Mouton de Gruyter, 1989).
- Challenging Bundaries: Global Flows, Territorial Identities, co-edited with Hayward Alker Jr., (University of Minnesota Press, 1996).
- Moral Spaces: Rethinking Ethics and World Politics, co-edited with David Campbell, (University of Minnesota Press, 1999).
- The Politics of Moralizing, co-edited with Jane Bennett, (Routledge, 2002).
- Sovereign Lives: Power in Global Politics, co-edited with Jenny Edkins and VeroniquePin-Fat, (Routledge, 2004).