Wikipedia:Help for Non-Japanese Speakers
Before you post your comment or question . . .
- Please check the Frequently Asked Questions and the archive of past discussions.
- Messages can be given in any language including Japanese, although relatively few contributors to Japanese Wikipedia are fluent in languages other than Japanese and English.
- Brief and precise messages are encouraged.
- Please do not copy and paste text, even from other Wikimedia projects. Place a link to the text instead.
- Please do not post personal information, such as your email address.
- The following pages may also be helpful:
- You can post username change and usurpation requests at Wikipedia:Changing username.
- For translation requests, please write translated article name, link to the article you want to translate, summary of the article, and reason for the request.
- Feel free to archive sections. But please keep in mind that you must write "archived from [[Wikipedia:Help for Non-Japanese Speakers]]" in the summary box on editing archive pages, and "archived to (link to archive page)" in the summary box on editing this page. If you don't write these, the pages must be deleted.
- 1 Finding official websites of former Japanese schools
- 2 ORCID
- 3 Are these hoshuko a part of the same organization as the nihonjin gakko?
- 4 Can this be transferred to the Commons?
- 5 Quick stub request: Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile
- 6 Question about 究めろ！ポケモンB・W (Be a Master! Pokemon B & W)
- 7 Editors familiar with the history of the Ryukyu Islands needed in this English Wikipedia RFC
- 8 Contacting the Japanese school of Sao Paulo to ask for photographs of the main entrance with the name of the school on a sign
- 9 My concerns about an article
- 10 An invitation to Edit filter managers of wikimedia wiki projects
- 11 Question about the book アマゾン川にいだかれて : マナオス日本人学校の三年間
- 12 冬の大三角
- 13 Question about Japanese spaceflight industry
- 14 フェネンケルテン湖 new name
- 15 I just left an announcement on this wiki
Finding official websites of former Japanese schools[編集]
I found the archived websites of the old Monbusho at http://wayback.archive.org/*/http://www.monbu.go.jp/
Do these pages have the URLs of the former Japanese schools:
- ブレーメン国際日本学園 (Germany)
- 英国四天王寺学園 (UK)
I ask this because MEXT (the successor of the old Monbusho) has listed URLs of Japanese schools in pages such as this one: http://web.archive.org/web/20130215023941/http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/shotou/clarinet/002/006/001/003.htm
As for this one:
- サウスクイーンズランドアカデミー (Australia)
From http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.seirinkan.ed.jp/hills/ I found the page for South Queensland Academy http://web.archive.org/web/20080225083905/http://www.seirinkan.ed.jp/hills/sqa.htm - did it have a boarding high school program for Japanese expatriate students? What was its relationship to any Australian schools? Was it established in 1992?
- I was able to start en:South Queensland Academy but I still don't know info about the Bremen and Shittenou schools. WhisperToMe（会話） 2015年4月7日 (火) 14:09 (UTC)
I'm Wikipedian in Residence at en:ORCID and a Japanese friend, who is not a Wikipedian, is doing ORCID outreach work there, which will benefit Wikipedia, as explained at en:WP:ORCID. Your Template:Normdaten currently relies on a link to the English-language article on ORCID. Could somebody assist by translating that article into Japanese, and placing it on this Wikipedia, please? A start was made at 利用者:Athomeinkobe/ORCID, should you wish to develop that. Pigsonthewing（会話） 2015年3月4日 (水) 05:56 (UTC)
- Being a resource ourselves, I agree that bibliographic topics should be one our focus areas, and yet those are where the Japanese Wikipedia is seriously lacking. I wrote an article on authority control the other day, and I'm somewhat familiar with the area -- at least I already know what ORCID is and what it's for. I have too much stuff on my hands right now so it could take a week or two before I get to it, but I will definitely keep in mind that that topic needs an article. --朝彦（会話） 2015年3月4日 (水) 06:28 (UTC)
Are these hoshuko a part of the same organization as the nihonjin gakko?[編集]
I learned about the following hoshuko:
- Amsterdam: http://www.jssa.nl/
- Rotterdam: http://www.jss-haagrotte.nl
- Madrid: http://www.ecjspain.com
- Barcelona: http://www.bcn-hoshuko.com/
Are these hoshuko the same organization as the nihonjin gakko, or are they separate organizations?
- Amsterdam: http://www.jsa.nl/
- Rotterdam: http://www.jsrotte.nl/
- Madrid: http://www.cjmspain.com/
- Barcelona: http://www.colegiojaponesbcn.org/
I ask because these hoshuko meet in the respective nihonjin gakko buildings. I wonder if the hoshuko are actually a part of the nihonjin gakko, or if they are separate but agree to share facilities.
- Amsterdam schools appear to be different entities despite the shared location with no mention of the other in either web sites. Rotterdam hoshuko's location says that they are "located within the nihonjin gakko". Madrid's hoshuko says that they "merged" with the nihonjin gakko in 1996. Barcelona hoshuko says that they hold their classes where the classrooms are on loan from the nihonjin gakko. --朝彦（会話） 2015年3月17日 (火) 01:10 (UTC)
Can this be transferred to the Commons?[編集]
- I confirmed that it's eligible for license migration. You may transfer it to Commons under GFDL/CC-BY-SA 3.0. --朝彦（会話） 2015年3月17日 (火) 01:15 (UTC)
Quick stub request: Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile[編集]
Would anyone be interested in starting an article on the Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile? It is the French air accident investigation agency. I found out that two Japanese persons were on board ジャーマンウイングス9525便墜落事故, and the BEA is going to investigate the crash WhisperToMe（会話） 2015年3月25日 (水) 03:39 (UTC)
Question about 究めろ！ポケモンB・W (Be a Master! Pokemon B & W)[編集]
Does anyone know where one can find secondary sources about "究めろ！ポケモンB・W" (en:Be a Master! Pokemon B & W). Do any sources on Google Books mention "究めろ！ポケモンB・W"? I ask because there is an AFD: en:Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Be a Master! Pokemon B & W. Thanks, WhisperToMe（会話） 2015年3月25日 (水) 12:12 (UTC)
There is also an "Articles for deletion" discussion about ポケットモンスター PiPiPi★アドベンチャー (en:Magical Pokémon Journey) here: en:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Magical_Pokémon_Journey - If anyone knows of any Japanese reliable sources about this series it would be great! WhisperToMe（会話） 2015年3月25日 (水) 15:55 (UTC)
- As I commented on the AFD, I found it extremely difficult to believe that 究めろ！ポケモンB・W is a notable work. For the other one (PiPiPi), my search only turned up the book already covered in the AFD (J.Thompson), and other than that, I see only tweets, forum posts, personal blogs, and other nonreliable sources. --朝彦（会話） 2015年3月25日 (水) 18:54 (UTC)
- Ah, that's too bad. I'm checking with the French to see if they know of any sources that cover the PiPiPi work, since the book was also published in France. I wonder what the names of the major Japanese comics review magazines (discussing comics and posting their opinions) are? If en:Newtype (月刊ニュータイプ) is one of them, they would have articles about them, but I don't know if they would be online. WhisperToMe（会話） 2015年3月25日 (水) 19:01 (UTC)
Editors familiar with the history of the Ryukyu Islands needed in this English Wikipedia RFC[編集]
I notice two editors fighting over whether certain "flags of the Ryukyu Islands" are historically accurate in en:Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Japan#RfC: Flag of Ryukyu. I would like to have editor input from Japanese persons who can look at the sources presented and determine whether they are historically accurate.
Contacting the Japanese school of Sao Paulo to ask for photographs of the main entrance with the name of the school on a sign[編集]
Would it be likely that the administration of the Japanese School of Sao Paulo understand an e-mail written in English? Even though there is a picture of the school at File:Sao_Paulo_Japanese_School.jpg, it's of low quality, and I would like to have a photo of the school's main entrance. Think about the first photo at CTV here. A photo of the main entrance gate leading to the campus would be nice too.
I think it may be best to have a message sent to them in Japanese. I don't know how to write Japanese. I also don't know which e-mail here is the best one: here. WhisperToMe（会話） 2015年5月4日 (月) 18:05 (UTC)
My concerns about an article[編集]
Hello! The article 正形表記法 is completely unsourced, and the whole of it is possibly original research (which, most likely, you have a policy against). The Lingit link on the bottom is possibly an advertisement, and possibly the only reason that article exists - to advertise the Lingit website. On English Wikipedia, there is an ongoing investigation to determine whether the author of that article is abusing multiple accounts. We should know that in a few hours, or maybe one or two days. Jkrdsr, the suspected sockmaster, was banned two days ago due to edit warring with me and two other editors. Jkrdsr was removing parts of articles/reports (or indeed, blanking the page altogether), and we were reverting it. See  and .
- 返信 (Peter238宛) Thank you for letting me know about it. I put it on my watch-list and just keep watching, reverting that if suspicious activity is on it. Thanks, --Infinite0694（会話） 2015年5月16日 (土) 12:04 (UTC)
- Thanks. However, you should definitely consider deleting it if no reliable sources show up within a reasonable amount of time. Peter238（会話） 2015年5月16日 (土) 12:42 (UTC)
An invitation to Edit filter managers of wikimedia wiki projects[編集]
This is an invitation to Edit filter managers and patrollers who refer to edit filters from your wiki project to share and know about effective public filters from various wikimedia wiki projects.
It is almost six years since March 2009, that Edit filters are in use on various Wikimedia wiki projects. At meta we have started a platform page m:Edit filters benefiting to various local Wikiprojects to know good and effective (public) edit filters by sharing of relevant information with rest of wikimedia community. This will help editfilter managers, and there by concerned projects, to benefit from maximising potential of best possible (public) edit filters.
Question about the book アマゾン川にいだかれて : マナオス日本人学校の三年間[編集]
Hi! I found out about this book:
- Miura, Mitsutoshi (三浦 光俊). アマゾン川にいだかれて : マナオス日本人学校の三年間. 三浦光俊著 近代文芸社, 1994.11. ISBN 4773327847. See profile at CiNii. See profile at National Diet Library. See entry at Amazon.co.jp.
Does anyone know more about the background of Mitsutoshi Miura? What kinds of connections did he have with the school? Who is the publisher? Was this sold in regular Japanese bookstores? Was the Japanese School of Manaus involved in the creation of this book? How would the title and name of the publisher be translated?
- Update from 利用者‐会話:あるうぃんす#アマゾン川にいだかれて : マナオス日本人学校の三年間: There is a possibility the book may be "vanity published". I would like to determine if the publisher paid the author for the book, or if the author paid the publisher for the book. WhisperToMe（会話） 2015年5月23日 (土) 07:58 (UTC)
I posted on its talk page and the equivalent talk page on EN Wikipedia too, but it didn't seem to be getting any attention so I thought I'd try my luck here.
There are two things I want to bring up. First, JP Wikipedia has a page on the Winter Triangle (冬の大三角) and put information about the Winter Hexagon in there; but conversely, EN Wikipedia only has a page on the Winter Hexagon and put info on the Winter Triangle there. This creates a bit of a disconnect on the two pages; that is, I couldn't use the "Other Language Pages" tool on the sidebar to go from the English Wikipedia to the Japanese one. Is there a way of manually overriding this, and is it customary to use it?
Second, and the reason I was trying to go to the JP Wikipedia in the first place: does anyone know where the nickname for the Winter Hexagon, "Winter Diamond", came from? It doesn't seem to be in use at all in English pages, when I checked both Google and Wikipedia, but it seems to be relatively common in Japanese-language pages. I was wondering what its origin could possibly be. -220.127.116.11 2015年6月3日 (水) 02:00 (UTC)
Question about Japanese spaceflight industry[編集]
Is there technical or economic interest by editors in the Japanese spaceflight industry? And might those editors be willing to help with content about that in the English Wikipedia?
Recent legislation in Japan is mentioned on the English wiki here: Space launch market competition#Raising private capital].
Apparently, the Japanese legislature is considering legislation to allow private company spaceflight initiatives in Japan under Japanese law.
While it remains to be seen whether the legislation becomes law and, if so, whether significant private capital will enter the Japanese space launch industry, it would be super helpful if someone with a technical or economic interest in the Japanese spaceflight industry, might keep their eyes on what happens with this legislation (in the Japanese press), and improve that Japan-related content on the English Wikipedia as the situation warrants. N2e（会話） 2015年6月12日 (金) 20:59 (UTC)
フェネンケルテン湖 new name[編集]
- Köszönöm! I moved it to フェネケトレン湖. --Aotake（会話） 2015年6月16日 (火) 01:39 (UTC)
I just left an announcement on this wiki[編集]
Apologies for not finding a translator in time. If you could translate the first lines, that would be perfect - of course, if your community is already aware of the issue, you don't need to do anything at all. Kind regards, --Elitre (WMF)（会話） 2015年6月27日 (土) 10:21 (UTC)