- Revolution and urban politics in Provincial France: Troyes and Reims, 1786-1790, Stanford University Press, 1978.
- Politics, culture, and class in the French Revolution, University of California Press, 1984.
- The family romance of the French Revolution, University of California Press, 1992.
- Inventing human rights: a history, W. W. Norton, 2007.
- Measuring time, making history, Central Europe an University Press, 2008.
- Telling the truth about history, Joyce Appleby, Lynn Hunt, and Margaret Jacob, Norton, 1994.
- The challenge of the West: peoples and cultures from the Stone Age to the Global Age, Lynn Hunt, et al., D. C. Heath, 1995.
- The making of the West: peoples and cultures, Lynn Hunt, et al., St. Martin's, 2001,
- Liberty, equality, fraternity: exploring the French Revolution, Jack R. Censer and Lynn Hunt, Pennsylvania State University Press, 2001.
- The New cultural history: essays, edited by Lynn Hunt, University of California Press, 1989.
- Eroticism and the body politic, edited by Lynn Hunt, Johns Hopkins University Press, 1991.
- Histories: French constructions of the past, edited by Jacques Revel and Lynn Hunt, New Press, 1995.
- The French Revolution and human rights: a brief documentary history, edited, translated, and with an introduction by Lynn Hunt, St. Martin's Press, 1996.
- The Invention of pornography: obscenity and the origins of modernity, 1500-1800, edited by Lynn Hunt, Zone Books, 1996.
- Beyond the cultural turn: new directions in the study of society and culture, edited by Victoria E. Bonnell and Lynn Hunt, University of California Press, 1999.
- Human rights and revolutions, edited by Jeffrey N. Wasserstrom, Lynn Hunt, and Marilyn B. Young, Rowman & Littlefield, 2000.
- Bernard Picart and the first global vision of religion, edited by Lyn n Hunt, Margaret Jacob, and Wijnand Mijnhardt, Getty Resear ch Institute, 2010.