- ^ It is also possible that Princess Adeliza was William’s eldest daughter.
- ^ James Panton. Historical Dictionary of the British Monarchy. Page 93.
- ^ Lives of the Princesses of England from the Norman Conquest by Mary Anne Everett Green. Pages 1–13.
- ^ Kenneth J. Panton: Historical Dictionary of the British Monarchy, Scarecrow Press, 2011, ISBN 978-0810857797
- ^ William M. Aird. Robert `Curthose', Duke of Normandy (C. 1050-1134). The acclaimed biography of the eldest son of William the Conqueror, whose failure to secure the kingdom of England has overshadowed his role in capturing Jerusalem during the First Crusade.
- ^ Churches and Churchmen in Medieval Europe by C. N. L. Brooke
- ^ The history of Normandy and of England till 1101, Volume 3 by Francis Palgrave. Page 526.
- ^ Historia Ecclesiastica by Orderic Vitalis
- ^ Douglas: William the Conqueror, pp. 393–395
- ^ The Ecclesiastical History of England and Normandy, Volume 2. Page 115.