スタンザ (stanza) とは、長い詩を構成する一区切りの単位。イタリア語で「部屋」を意味する stanza がその語源。日本語では節（せつ）、詩節（しせつ）、連・聯（れん）などともいう。
- Our God, our help in ages past,
- Our hope for years to come,
- Our shelter from the stormy blast,
- And our eternal home.
- Under the shadow of Thy throne
- Thy saints have dwelt secure;
- Sufficient is Thine arm alone,
- And our defense is sure.
- Before the hills in order stood,
- Or earth received her frame,
- From everlasting Thou art God,
- To endless years the same. [etc.]
Let me not to the marriage of true minds |\ Admit impediments. Love is not love | \ Which alters when it alteration finds, | / All one stanza Or bends with the remover to remove: |/ O no! it is an ever-fixed mark, |\ That looks on tempests and is never shaken; | \ It is the star to every wandering bark, | / All one stanza Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken. |/ Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks |\ Within his bending sickle's compass come; | \ Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, | / All one stanza But bears it out even to the edge of doom. |/ If this be error and upon me proved, |\ I never writ, nor no man ever loved. |/ A couplet （ソネット第116番）