- 1932 The French Race: Theories of Its Origins and Their Social and Political Implications
- 1937 Race: a Study in Modern Superstition (Revised, 1965 Race: A Study in Superstition)
- 1939 Of Human Freedom
- 1941 Darwin, Marx, Wagner: Critique of a Heritage
- 1943 Romanticism and the Modern Ego
- 1945 Teacher in America
- 1951 Pleasures of Music
- 1954 God's Country and Mine: A Declaration of Love, Spiced with a Few Harsh Words
- 1956 Music in American Life
- 1956 The Energies of Art
- 1959 The House of Intellect
- 1960 Lincoln the Literary Genius (first published in The Saturday Evening Post, 14 February 1959)
- 1961 The Delights of Detection
- 1961 Classic, Romantic, and Modern
- 1964 Science: The Glorious Entertainment
- 1967 What Man Has Built (introductory booklet to the Great Ages of Man book series)
- 1968 The American University: How It Runs, Where It Is Going
- 1969 Berlioz and the Romantic Century (3d ed.)
- 1971 On Writing, Editing, and Publishing
- 1971 A Catalogue of Crime (with Wendell Hertig Taylor)
- 1975 Simple and Direct: A Rhetoric for Writers
- 1976 The Bibliophile of the Future: His Complaints about the Twentieth Century
- 1980 Three Talks at Northern Kentucky University
- 1982 Lincoln's Philosophic Vision
- 1982 Critical Questions
- 1983 A Stroll with William James
- 1986 A Word or Two Before You Go: Brief Essays on Language
- 1989 The Culture We Deserve: A Critique of Disenlightenment
- 1991 An Essay on French Verse for Readers of English Poetry
- 1991 Begin Here: The Forgotten Conditions of Teaching and Learning
- 2000 From Dawn to Decadence: 500 Years of Western Cultural Life, 1500 to the Present
- 2001 Sidelights on Opera at Glimmerglass
- 2002 A Jacques Barzun Reader
- 2002 What is a School? and Trim the College!
- 2003 The Modern Researcher (6th ed.) (with Henry F. Graff)
- 2004 Four More Sidelights on Opera at Glimmerglass: 2001-2004
- article by Thomas Vinciguerra
- Site devoted to writings about Barzun, including interviews.
- Barzun 100 blog celebrating Barzun's centennial
- Barzun Centennial website
- In Depth with Jacques Barzun from C-SPAN's BookTV, 6 May 2001 (RealPlayer file)
- Interview with Barzun in The Austin Chronicle, 2003
On From Dawn to Decadence:
- A synopsis along with a short bio of the author.
- Kimball, Roger, "Closing time? Jacques Barzun on Western culture," New Criterion, 18 June 2000. A positive take.
- Kenan Malik, "Review." Independent on Sunday, 25 February 2001.
- Reilly, John J., 2000, "Review", First Things 107: 43-44.
- Is Democratic Theory for Export? PDF of speech presented at Carnegie Council's Sixth Annual Morgenthau Memorial Lecture
- ^ Jacques Barzun, Historian and Educator, Is Dead at 104 New York Times 2012年10月26日閲覧