Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Soviet Politics and Political Science, (Macmillan, 1974).
- The Gorbachev Factor, (Oxford University Press, 1996).
- Seven Years that Changed the World: Perestroika in Perspective, (Oxford University Press, 2007).
- The Rise and Fall of Communism, (Bodley Head, 2009).
- Political Culture and Communist Studies, (Macmillan, 1984).
- Political Leadership in the Soviet Union, (Macmillan, 1989).
- The Soviet Union: A Biographical Dictionary, (Macmillan, 1990).
- New Thinking in Soviet Politics, (Macmillan, 1992).
- Contemporary Russian Politics: A Reader, (Oxford University Press, 2001).
- The Demise of Marxism-Leninism in Russia, (Palgrave, 2004).
- The Soviet Union since the Fall of Khrushchev, co-edited with Michael Kaser, (Macmillan, 1975, 2nd ed., 1978).
- Political Culture and Political Change in Communist States, co-edited with Jack Gray, (Macmillan, 1977, 2nd ed., 1979).
- Authority, Power and Policy in the USSR: Essays dedicated to Leonard Schapiro, co-edited with T. H. Rigby and Peter Reddaway, (Macmillan, 1980).
- Soviet Policy for the 1980s, co-edited with Michael Kaser, (Macmillan, 1982).
- The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Russia and the Soviet Union, co-edited with Michael Kaser and Gerald S. Smith, (Cambridge University Press, 1982, 2nd ed., 2003).
- The British Study of Politics in the Twentieth Century, co-edited with Jack Hayward and Brian Barry, (Oxford University Press, 1999).