Wikipedia:Help for Non-Japanese Speakers
Before you post your comment or question . . .
- Please check the Frequently Asked Questions and the archive of past discussions.
- Messages can be given in any language including Japanese, although relatively few contributors to Japanese Wikipedia are fluent in languages other than Japanese and English.
- Brief and precise messages are encouraged.
- Please do not copy and paste text, even from other Wikimedia projects. Place a link to the text instead.
- Please do not post personal information, such as your email address.
- The following pages may also be helpful:
- You can post username change and usurpation requests at Wikipedia:Changing username.
- For translation requests, please write translated article name, link to the article you want to translate, summary of the article, and reason for the request.
- Feel free to archive sections. But please keep in mind that you must write "archived from [[Wikipedia:Help for Non-Japanese Speakers]]" in the summary box on editing archive pages, and "archived to (link to archive page)" in the summary box on editing this page. If you don't write these, the pages must be deleted.
- 1 Finding official websites of former Japanese schools
- 2 ORCID
- 3 Are these hoshuko a part of the same organization as the nihonjin gakko?
- 4 Can this be transferred to the Commons?
- 5 Quick stub request: Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile
- 6 Question about 究めろ！ポケモンB・W (Be a Master! Pokemon B & W)
- 7 Editors familiar with the history of the Ryukyu Islands needed in this English Wikipedia RFC
Finding official websites of former Japanese schools[編集]
I found the archived websites of the old Monbusho at http://wayback.archive.org/*/http://www.monbu.go.jp/
Do these pages have the URLs of the former Japanese schools:
- ブレーメン国際日本学園 (Germany)
- 英国四天王寺学園 (UK)
I ask this because MEXT (the successor of the old Monbusho) has listed URLs of Japanese schools in pages such as this one: http://web.archive.org/web/20130215023941/http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/shotou/clarinet/002/006/001/003.htm
As for this one:
- サウスクイーンズランドアカデミー (Australia)
From http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.seirinkan.ed.jp/hills/ I found the page for South Queensland Academy http://web.archive.org/web/20080225083905/http://www.seirinkan.ed.jp/hills/sqa.htm - did it have a boarding high school program for Japanese expatriate students? What was its relationship to any Australian schools? Was it established in 1992?
- I was able to start en:South queensland Academy but I still don't know info about the Bremen and Shittenou schools. WhisperToMe（会話） 2015年4月7日 (火) 14:09 (UTC)
I'm Wikipedian in Residence at en:ORCID and a Japanese friend, who is not a Wikipedian, is doing ORCID outreach work there, which will benefit Wikipedia, as explained at en:WP:ORCID. Your Template:Normdaten currently relies on a link to the English-language article on ORCID. Could somebody assist by translating that article into Japanese, and placing it on this Wikipedia, please? A start was made at 利用者:Athomeinkobe/ORCID, should you wish to develop that. Pigsonthewing（会話） 2015年3月4日 (水) 05:56 (UTC)
- Being a resource ourselves, I agree that bibliographic topics should be one our focus areas, and yet those are where the Japanese Wikipedia is seriously lacking. I wrote an article on authority control the other day, and I'm somewhat familiar with the area -- at least I already know what ORCID is and what it's for. I have too much stuff on my hands right now so it could take a week or two before I get to it, but I will definitely keep in mind that that topic needs an article. --朝彦（会話） 2015年3月4日 (水) 06:28 (UTC)
Are these hoshuko a part of the same organization as the nihonjin gakko?[編集]
I learned about the following hoshuko:
- Amsterdam: http://www.jssa.nl/
- Rotterdam: http://www.jss-haagrotte.nl
- Madrid: http://www.ecjspain.com
- Barcelona: http://www.bcn-hoshuko.com/
Are these hoshuko the same organization as the nihonjin gakko, or are they separate organizations?
- Amsterdam: http://www.jsa.nl/
- Rotterdam: http://www.jsrotte.nl/
- Madrid: http://www.cjmspain.com/
- Barcelona: http://www.colegiojaponesbcn.org/
I ask because these hoshuko meet in the respective nihonjin gakko buildings. I wonder if the hoshuko are actually a part of the nihonjin gakko, or if they are separate but agree to share facilities.
- Amsterdam schools appear to be different entities despite the shared location with no mention of the other in either web sites. Rotterdam hoshuko's location says that they are "located within the nihonjin gakko". Madrid's hoshuko says that they "merged" with the nihonjin gakko in 1996. Barcelona hoshuko says that they hold their classes where the classrooms are on loan from the nihonjin gakko. --朝彦（会話） 2015年3月17日 (火) 01:10 (UTC)
Can this be transferred to the Commons?[編集]
- I confirmed that it's eligible for license migration. You may transfer it to Commons under GFDL/CC-BY-SA 3.0. --朝彦（会話） 2015年3月17日 (火) 01:15 (UTC)
Quick stub request: Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile[編集]
Would anyone be interested in starting an article on the Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile? It is the French air accident investigation agency. I found out that two Japanese persons were on board ジャーマンウイングス9525便墜落事故, and the BEA is going to investigate the crash WhisperToMe（会話） 2015年3月25日 (水) 03:39 (UTC)
Question about 究めろ！ポケモンB・W (Be a Master! Pokemon B & W)[編集]
Does anyone know where one can find secondary sources about "究めろ！ポケモンB・W" (en:Be a Master! Pokemon B & W). Do any sources on Google Books mention "究めろ！ポケモンB・W"? I ask because there is an AFD: en:Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Be a Master! Pokemon B & W. Thanks, WhisperToMe（会話） 2015年3月25日 (水) 12:12 (UTC)
There is also an "Articles for deletion" discussion about ポケットモンスター PiPiPi★アドベンチャー (en:Magical Pokémon Journey) here: en:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Magical_Pokémon_Journey - If anyone knows of any Japanese reliable sources about this series it would be great! WhisperToMe（会話） 2015年3月25日 (水) 15:55 (UTC)
- As I commented on the AFD, I found it extremely difficult to believe that 究めろ！ポケモンB・W is a notable work. For the other one (PiPiPi), my search only turned up the book already covered in the AFD (J.Thompson), and other than that, I see only tweets, forum posts, personal blogs, and other nonreliable sources. --朝彦（会話） 2015年3月25日 (水) 18:54 (UTC)
- Ah, that's too bad. I'm checking with the French to see if they know of any sources that cover the PiPiPi work, since the book was also published in France. I wonder what the names of the major Japanese comics review magazines (discussing comics and posting their opinions) are? If en:Newtype (月刊ニュータイプ) is one of them, they would have articles about them, but I don't know if they would be online. WhisperToMe（会話） 2015年3月25日 (水) 19:01 (UTC)
Editors familiar with the history of the Ryukyu Islands needed in this English Wikipedia RFC[編集]
I notice two editors fighting over whether certain "flags of the Ryukyu Islands" are historically accurate in en:Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Japan#RfC: Flag of Ryukyu. I would like to have editor input from Japanese persons who can look at the sources presented and determine whether they are historically accurate.